Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pre-Writing Skills Printables

I've been having fun this evening making some pages to print and laminate for the girls I look after to try out this week. This sort of thing is great for fine motor skills, pencil control and left to right eye tracking which is so important in preparation for reading.

You can download and print these HERE. then either laminate or slide into plastic page protectors and use white board markers to take the rabbit down the path to the carrots etc.
Some crayons also work, but test them out yourself first, as I have found some just don't wipe off again, and others are very hard to write with on the surface, which is SO frustrating, especially if you are 3 or 4 years old!
If you do use them please let me know, I'd love to hear what you and your children liked/disliked about them!  Thanks. :)

2 comments:

  1. My 40ish year old self likes them :-) And just noticed the Pukeko to the left on your page - he/she's cool!

    ReplyDelete