Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oooops!

Hellooo....? Is anyone still there?!
HOW can almost 3 months have gone by so quickly?! I knew I had not written a new blog post for a while, not through lack of trying, more through lack of laptop and extra hours in the day, but 3 months?! 
Well, having failed miserably at keeping up with Just a Minute, just pretend you read June July and August ages ago, and here is September!
Just a Minute...September 2011

Reading..
 Leonardo's Swans by Karen Essex. 

The first half I was really enjoying it, but now I'm just wanting to finish it, maybe as I know I have "The Help" waiting for me at the library!
 Watching... The crazy weather outside today! Big white horses out at sea, wind howling round the house, trees bending and recycling bins blowing down the road! 
 Loving...  My other job, child-minding again. I have a 5 month old 4 days a week, a 16month old 3 days, and 2 sisters aged 2 and 4 one day a week. Wednesdays they are all here, pretty frantic but fun!



 Craving...  My own computer again! The intake fan stopped working on my laptop and it is still not fixed. Sharing one laptop with 2 children who both need it for homework, and one who needs it for school as well is driving me nuts!  

 Learning...  Te Whāriki and how to include examples in the children's daily journals. It's basically the same things as I learnt studying for my NNEB in England, but grouped as 5 'strands' each with several goals, which actually makes it easier to relate them to the children's learning and development. 

 Planning... To combine my Fantail graphic design work with my Childcare and produce more children's artwork, charts, cards and educational items.
 If you have any ideas or things you would like to see, please let me know! Some will be freebies, some for sale, but if you suggest it and I do it you will of course get the download for free.
 My first new item is a Weather Chart, watch out for that one soon, it's almost finished and will be free to Blog and FB readers to print first. :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back Pam. Sad to hear that you are still without your own computer, I feel your pain! Sounds like the childcare job is keeping you busy but I am sure that you will find a way of juggling things so that you can get more out of your day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - I missed you! Good to hear from you again. Glad you are "Loving" your other job - and we are "Watching" the same things today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely we're still here! It's great to read a Fantail/Pam post - I've missed you too :) I love that you're combining your childcare work with your graphic design passion - can't wait to see what you create :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comments! :) Laptops back now,(YAY!)and I'm learning to juggle 2 jobs and loving both, especially when they cross over. ;)

    ReplyDelete