Monday, December 27, 2010

Just a Minute - December

Here I am again just about squeezing this in at the end of the month...it's time for 'Just a Minute!'  Once a month quick summary of events.  If you are doing this too, or would like to start, please share your posts, I'd love to see!

Reading... Just a little Run around the World by Rosie Swale Pope. This was one of the library books my mum had ready for returning when we arrived, so I renewed it, got stuck in and am really enjoying it. It's so real I almost feel like I have experienced it, but  all without getting out of my warm snuggly bed! ;) Lol!

 Watching... All the English TV we don't get at home! 'Come Fly with me'  and 'Black Adders Christmas Carol' last night were particularly popular with the whole family, giving us all heaps of laughs. 

 Loving...SO much! Being with my parents and sister again!  Seeing my children enjoying the winter, as they  experience real snow, make snowmen, roll around in it, and bury each other. Catching up with old friends, central heating! Coming in from the freezing cold to a wonderfully warm house, roaring fire and hot mugs of tea!


 Craving... Nothing edible thats for sure, unless it's a fruit! We had such a huge traditional Christmas dinner yesterday I don't know whether I will ever want to eat again! 

 Learning... All sorts of new possibilities with this book a friend gave me! Now I just need to take the plunge at get CS5 so that I can make use of the things I'm learning!

 Planning... Fitting in all the things we want to do before we leave England to return home at the end of the month. So many places to go,friends to catch up with, and of course, shopping to be done!

If you’d like to do this on your own blog please leave the link in the comments I'd love to see! :)

3 comments:

  1. That snowman is amazing! What a wonderful adventure you are having and it's been so nice to have been able to follow it with your blog posts and fb updates :).
    I was going to do my 'just a minute' post later this week but you've inspired me to do it earlier - just took a pic of my 'craving' item :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how LOVELY to be with family for Christmas! I live in NZ (Wellington) and haven't been home for an English Christmas in... way too long (2001 was the last!).

    Wishing you a fabulous 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mel, my daughter made the snowman, not bad for a first attempt aye?! I can't wait to read your next post!
    Thanks for your comment Sarah, I have just been admiring your blog. There is something special about Christmas back home, I hope your family get to do it one year soon too!

    ReplyDelete