Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Almost party season again!

Someone once said to me, when I was 8 months pregnant with my son, "Oh dear! That wasn't very good planning was it?!"
Maybe not in her eyes, but for my daughter, who got a baby brother 2 days before her 4th birthday, he was the best present in the world! All she had wished for when asked what she wanted for her birthday was 'my baby'. As I went further over my due date, and her birthday got closer and closer I began to get nervous that I would not be able to make her wish come true. Luckily he decided to make his appearance, all be it rather speedily, just in time! 2 years later my youngest was born just 5 weeks before her siblings birthdays, so in our house May/June is crazy season, right now I'm trying to get organised for it.
I have been getting invitations ready for my daughters sleepover and decided to adapt some that I had designed to wrap around a Hersheys chocolate bar. She gave me the colour scheme and left the rest to me, she loves them! Luckily we found that our local dairy stocks Hersheys bars, so i didn't even have to change the size to fit a traditional small Cadbury bar, which would have meant making it narrower and therefore harder to fit all the details on!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an amazing idea for an invitation - and they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete